Mumbai, February 14, 2016: Tata Steel Special Economic Zone has put up a pavilion at the ‘Make in India’ Week. The pavilion focuses on the Gopalpur Industrial Park, being developed by Tata Steel to facilitate industrial development of the region. The Industrial Park will primarily attract investments in steel and allied downstream industries, engineering, chemicals and other emerging sectors.
The Tata Steel Special Economic Zone pavilion at the ‘Make in India’ programme stood out of the rest for its commitment in Nation building and hope for generating investment and jobs in the region. The prime objective of the pavilion is to attract potential investments from various companies. The pavilion showcases how the state-of-the-art Industrial Park will help in attracting investment in tunes of INR 10,000 crores to INR 15,000 crores and generate direct and indirect employment opportunities for more than 15,000 people. The pavilion was greatly appreciated by the visitors.
Speaking on Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd., Mr TV Narendran, MD Tata Steel India and SEA said, “It’s a momentous occasion for Tata Steel to be a part of the journey called ‘Make in India’. Through the Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd. at Gopalpur, we at Tata Steel will initiate further industrial development and social inclusion of the region. It’s a huge responsibility bestowed on us to help drive the economic growth of the region through the Gopalpur Industrial Park and as the chief tenant Tata Steel would ensure the smooth transition of the business.”
Also speaking on Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd., Mr Arun Misra, Vice President (Gopalpur Project) and MD (Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd.) said, “The Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd. at Gopalpur is all set to change the business dynamics of the region. The SEZ Park will attract investments to the tune of INR 10,000 crore to INR 15,000 crore and will generate employment for more than 15,000 people involving majorly steel and allied downstream industries along with engineering and various other sectors.”
The state-of-the-art pavilion at the Make in India programme has attracted visitors and investors from various gamut of business. The pavilion also exhibits a model of the SEZ and the Industrial Park spanning over 2,970 acres of land and the facilities it offers for the industries to foster. The industrial park includes a multi-product SEZ and Industrial Park over 2,570 acres and the Gopalpur Ferro-Chrome Plant project by Tata Steel over 400 acres. Some more salient points of the Gopalpur Industrial Park are:
· Mumbai based Sure Safety Solutions Pvt. Ltd. in collaboration with M/s Meggitt Defense from the UK will set up a manufacturing unit of Aerial Target Products for defence purposes at Tata Steel’s Gopalpur Industrial Park.
· Sure Safety Solutions is expected to invest INR 50 to 60 crores in the assembly plant which will be built over 5 acres under the ‘Make in India’ project. The project will begin with an assembly line for aerial targets, followed with servicing M/s Meggitt’s more than $50 million order procured from Indian Ministry of Defence for aerial targets.
· Being the first multi-product Special Economic Zone of Eastern India, Gopalpur Industrial Park enjoys multi-modal logistics advantage with Rail, Air, Road and Port connectivity. The site also has an access to a significant export catchment comprising East-Asian countries.
· The Gopalpur Special Economic Zone has adequate availability of skilled manpower with the presence of ITI, technical and skill development institutes in the district. It also has an established power supply sourced from the government of Odisha at competitive rates.
· Besides generating substantial employment opportunities, Gopalpur Industrial Park will also contribute to the all-round socio-economic development of the region.
The Tata Steel Special Economic Zone website (https://www.tatasteelsez.com/) was also launched today by Mr TV Narendran, MD, Tata Steel India & SEA and Mr Arun Misra, Vice President, Gopalpur Project and MD, Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd. at the Tata Steel Special Economic Zone pavilion during the ‘Make in India’ Programme in Mumbai.
ABOUT TATA STEEL SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE LIMITED
Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Limited, a 100% subsidiary of Tata Steel Ltd, is developing its flagship industrial park in Odisha known as Gopalpur Industrial Park. The company plans to develop the industrial park as the emerging manufacturing hub both for domestic and export-oriented industries. The Company would provide common Infrastructure, plug and play utility infrastructure and associated services to facilitate smooth grounding of the incoming units.
Statements in this press release describing the Company’s performance may be “forward looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws and regulations. Actual results may differ materially from those directly or indirectly expressed, inferred or implied. Important factors that could make a difference to the Company’s operations include, among others, economic conditions affecting demand/supply and price conditions in the domestic and overseas markets in which the Company operates, changes in or due to the environment, Government regulations, laws, statutes, judicial pronouncements and/ or other incidental factors.