- NPE’s vision is to create a globally competitive ESDM industry to meet the country’s needs and serve the international market.
- The objective is to build an ecosystem for a globally competitive ESDM sector in the country by attracting investment of about USD 100 Billion and generating employment for 28 Million people at various levels.
- The ultimate aim of the policy is to develop core competencies in strategic and core infrastructure sectors like telecommunications, automobile, avionics, industrial, medical, solar, information and broadcasting, railways, intelligent transport systems, etc.
- A number of state governments have also defined policies in electronics.
- Other important policies include the National Telecom Policy and the National Manufacturing Policy.
- Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (MSIPS).
- Electronics Manufacturing Clusters Scheme (EMC).
- Skill Development Scheme.
Read more at: http://deity.gov.in/sites/upload_files/dit/files/NPE_Notification.pdf