The Policy for Special Economic Zones brought in by the state government on 18th June 2015 focuses to create an internationally competitive business environment for an Special Economic Zone and stimulate more efficient use of local resources. The key policy initiatives for setting up SEZ are:
- Industries Department as the nodal department and IPICOL as the nodal agency for all SEZs.
- A three-tier single window clearance mechanism to facilitate speedy implementation of industrial projects is in place.
- For Sector specific SEZ proposals, IPICOL may scrutinize in consultation with line departments.
- Provision for declaration as Public Utility Services.
- Appointment of a Development Commissioner (DC) for each SEZ.
Read more at: http://investodisha.org/policy-for-special-economic-zones